18 Jan, 2010
Creamy, Mild “Choco-Maca” Smoothie… Delicious Ways to Enjoy The Health Benefits of Raw Maca With Raw Cacao
Raw chocolate and raw maca go together brilliantly. I already have a “ChocoMacaVerde” Live Green Smoothie recipe on my site for pairing those two, and you can also add a teaspoon or raw maca powder to my Liquid Brownie recipe for spectacular results.
Now here’s a third option, one without hemp seeds or avocado, but still creamy, luscious, and mild. Can’t taste the maca in this one at all…tastes just like a creamy chocolate milkshake!
And, of course… you can always add some fresh spinach or parsley to make this a Live Green Smoothie!
Recipe for: Creamy, Mild “Choco-Maca” Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 4-5 medjool dates, pitted (I used 4, non-jumbo-sized medjools)
- 1 teaspoon quality vanilla
- 1 teaspoon raw maca powder
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder (I like to measure these on the heavy side…)
- 1″ to 2″ chunk of cacao butter
- 1/8 teaspoon quality natural salt, such as Himalayan Crystal salt
Blend everything up until nice and smooth. The dates and the cacao butter may take a few go’s before they break down nicely. But the outcome will be deliciously creamy! [/private]